The Carlisle Church of God was organized in March 1938 by Margaret Helman. Sister Helman served as the pastor until September 1948, when she went to the Bahamas to serve as a missionary. Returning from the Bahamas, Sister Helman reopened the church in 1962. In 1972, Rev. Chester Landis became the pastor, holding services on West Street. In 1977 Rev. Robert F. Myers Sr. moved the congregation to A Street in Carlisle. Then in 1990, the congregation purchased the church building on the corner of College and A St. This remains the current home of the Carlisle Church of God. Rev. Dean Ramsey became the Lead Pastor in April of 2013.